COVID Testing FAQ Provided by AFC Urgent Care in St. Petersburg FL
Read Frequently Asked Questions About COVID Testing Process. Call Us for More Information.
How will I get my results?
Lab Results typically take anywhere between 48-72 hours from the time the lab receives your specimen, usually the following morning of your visit. Specimens are picked up at the end of the day.
You will be called on Positive Results only
You can access your lab results through your patient portal by registering
What to Expect?
If you were Exposed or have symptoms: We recommend social isolation during this time period to keep you safe. Only leave the house when necessary or for emergent conditions. Avoid crowds greater than 10 people.
- Frequent hand washing is advised
- Wear a mask to protect you and others
- Do not share utensils or food and beverages
- Use hand sanitizer when hand washing is not appropriate
- Social Distancing where appropriate
What are the differences between the tests?
- Nasal Swab- Actively sick patients or recent confirmed exposure to a positive patient
- IgG/IgM – Antibody testing if you have tested positive for COVID 19 or suspected CV19 illness in the past 3 months.
- Your medical provider will deem which test is the most appropriate for you based on your exam